Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Flower Power

Did you expect to see a fully finished bathroom project? Yeah, so did I. Isn't it funny how life can get in the way of your plans? Well, one day I hope to finish the downstairs bathroom. I know it won't happen for a while. But that's okay. In the meantime, I still have things to share.
This week I'm in charge of a pot luck salad and dessert supper for the women of my church. I want the evening to be lighthearted and fun. With that goal in mind, I chose to make colorful, over-sized, whimsical centerpieces.
It seems that tissue paper flowers are all the rage now so I used that idea as my inspiration.
First I folded kraft paper and rounded the ends to make a flower template.
Then I folded the tissue paper the same way, in half, then in half, then edge to edge. I placed my template on top and cut out several layers of tissue.Dowels were glued into simple wood bases and both were painted bright green.I cut leaf shapes out of the tissue paper and applied them with hot glue.Then I stacked several layers of tissue flowers, cut a hole in the center, threaded them onto the dowel and hot glued them into place. I added a wooden circle covered with tissue paper as the center of the flower. I crunched up the tissue a bit to "poof" up the flower and give it dimension. One down, nine more to finish!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

how cute and creative! LOVE IT! wish I was at the E.N. or R.S. dinner??? HAVE FUN!

Margo said...

Super cute! I have been the Enrichment Counselor twice and I loved coming up with fun center pieces. Rock on!

Richella Parham said...

I would love to be at a dinner where you were in charge of decorating the tables! What fun!

Pam @ bibbidi-bobbidi-beautiful said...

These are going to be perfect for my daughters tinkerbelle birthday party! Thanks!

Kristin said...

These are so fun and creative!! It makes me want to come to your enrichment!

Darlene said...

Those are adorable!! What great center pieces.

Gayle said...

I wish the gals in our ward would do more fun things like this - the activities they plan just don't have any SPARK! Cute cute flowers!

mely said...

I absolutely love your blog. Such a great resource of decorating ideas for the Thrifty women like me.

Have a great day!

Summer Freeman said...

LOVE IT!! I'm going to use it, if that's ok?!!

Sandra said...

Cute idea for a centerpiece. I did enrichment for many years. I was always looking for new ideas.

Audrey said...

Awesome idea Joy!

Allison said...

Totally fun! Can't wait to see what else you have in store!

Gail said...

Soooooo cute. They sure will be the talk of the dinner.

Gail

Kelly Brumley said...

Aaah! These are too cute! I will be making my own for our next ladies function! Thank you so much!

http://beginnerluckhomemaking.blogspot.com/

Its So Very Cheri said...

Super cute.
My blog has just been growing like a crazy weed and I haven't been able to get by for as many visits. I miss all my blog friends.
Come for a visit and see both of my new parties for the week. They are up every week and I hope you will participate.

Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Munchkin Land Designs  





Search This Blog