Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Another Mantle Post

I apologize for the lack of creative posts. It has been a l-o-n-g winter! My creativity and the view outside my door seem to be one and the same...dull and boring.
 Between adjusting to widowhood and (what seems to be an endless amount of) gloomy weather, I've had little desire to do any decorating. One of the few creative outlets has been my mantle
I appreciate that you have tolerated my (what seems to be an endless amount of) continuous mantle photos. I, like the weatherman, promise that there will be changes soon. But until then, here's a look at the state of my mantle today.
It reflects the weather outside---browns, creams, with a glimmer of gold (the hope of sun shining through the clouds/smog).

3 comments:

Connie said...

Your mantle is lovely. I often look to your blog for ideas of what to do with mine. Also I pray for you (widowhood) when I read your blog. Blessings.

Gayle said...

Looks good to me Joy. I used to display my brass candlesticks in front of a mirror - I loved to light all the candles and have them reflected back in the mirror - doubling the amount of light they produced!

Megan said...

So sorry about the gloomy weather I'm sure it does not help with having a positive attitude. I know the gloomy weather of winter always gets me down, especially during rough times.
I love the simplistic look of the mantle though.
I also love the mirror, i think your next tutorial should be showing us how to make one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Munchkin Land Designs  





Search This Blog