Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Big Basket Case

As I turned the aisle of the thrift store I saw her. There she was standing tall, all 2 feet, 6 inches of her. She was calling my name, begging me to take her home. I glanced at her price tag, taking a few moments to decide. Then, to my husband's amazement ("Do you really need another basket?"), I claimed her as my own. She wasn't just any old basket that would end up in the storage room until I could find a use for her, she was special. I already had a vision of her destiny. And she was made even more special when I saw one similar to her, days later, at a "regular store" for fifteen times what I paid for her.
Yep, she was very special indeed.

2 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Oooh, I love tall baskets like that. It looks great with the flowers and bows! What a great find!

JoAnne said...

Deorating ADD- so that's what I have! LOL It's nice to finally have a diagnosis. I just found your blog and love it. I'll be back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Munchkin Land Designs  





Search This Blog