Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Real Treatment

I needed a window covering in the guest room to give it a more finished appearance. It was December and both my time and money were running short. It was time to get creative! While out Christmas shopping I found two new single flat sheets and a pair of sheers for just a few dollars. I simply layered the two sets and clipped them on the curtain rod. It was an inexpensive, temporary fix, that gave the privacy that was needed.I don't feel like I wasted money on this temporary fix because sheets can be used for so many things. It's always good to have a few on hand.Now, with a little more time and money, I found the perfect window treatments, for a great price. They're chocolate brown and closely match the existing bedspread.It's amazing how changing something so simple can make a real difference in the look and feel of a room!

20 comments:

Erin said...

Love it!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Joy...

Aren't you the creative one...using sheets for your window treatment...I love it and they really looked pretty!!!

Love your new chocolatey brown drapes...they're gorgeous!!! Great job, my friend!!!

Warmest wishes...
Chari

Inspired Kara said...

I think I have the exact same curtains!!!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

That chocolate brown looks very yummy - What a difference.

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Love the chocolate brown! So pretty!!

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Very nice! I love how rich the chocolate looks. And your first picture makes me miss Ikea...tear :).

Kim said...

Those chocolate brown curtains are gorgeous! I am working on redoing our master bedroom and would love to know where you found them.

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

They look great! I love how you hung them all the way up to the ceiling!

Nora said...

Shower curtains are great for fast inexpensive window coverings too! Love the chocolate brown.

Unknown said...

Love the brown, one of my favorite colors!

Brandie said...

My mom actually did this in her living room if she hadnt told me I wouldnt have guessed they were sheets. They looked great.

Missy said...

You amaze me!

Alycia said...

looks good! very clever :)

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Joy. I love how you used sheets they looked so great. I also love that deep brown one as well. So very chic.

Hugs;
Alaura

Down Home DIY said...

I love the richness of the chocolate brown! I posted a creative solution for window treatments on my blog that you might like. Check it out at http://downhomediy.blogspot.com/2009/01/transitional-treatments.html
Just wanted to share!
Love your blog,
MB
www.addressingspaces.com

Shell in your Pocket said...

It is amazing how one thing can change the look and feel of a room!
-sandy toe

mel said...

The chocolate brown is so pretty and can go with so many other colors. Love them!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Wow, you are right. what a difference! I love it.
Blessings,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Wow. I love the chocolate drapes. We just painted over our last house white again. We had our walls a deep chocolate with a nice red couch as our punchy splash of color for our living room. Man do I miss that room...

Unknown said...

That Chocolate Fabric is DELICIOUS looking! I like your ingenuity and can appreciate having to trim corners at Christmas. It seems like i'm cutting costs all year long now, right?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Munchkin Land Designs  





Search This Blog