Friday, February 19, 2010

A Full Platter

It's no secret that I am a collector.
One of the many things that I gather from thrift stores in abundance are ironstone and vintage dishes. I have stacks of them in our china cabinet and kitchen. Many are oozing with character
from their lives of service.
Chips, cracks, crazing, and stains are the very things that draw me to these delightful objects of practicality.
Recently I was redoing the plate rack in our kitchen, a spot that changes several times during the year. It will often display dishes in beautiful colors that I'm wanting to subtly incorporate in the kitchen.
It's a favorite spot to show off holiday plates.
Perhaps my favorite is the numerical dish display made with
dollar store plates and vinyl decals.
Being in a mood for a fresh and new exhibit, I pulled out
a few vintage platters and stacked in as many as possible.
I was thrilled with the display, but it did seem to need
an extra layer, right there in the middle.
Being one without a fancy vinyl cutting machine, I used the resources I have available. I printed off the letter A from my computer in a fancy font. (If this seems familiar, it's because I used the same technique here)

With a little cutting and gluing
the vintage platter exhibit
is complete.
And I am giddy with glee!

***Don't forget to enter for the Sodderbug giveaway.
Entries will be accepted through Sunday at midnight MST***

14 comments:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Lovely!!! I just LOVE your collection of dishes! Wow!

Sandy said...

WOW! And I thought I had a lot of dishes!

Sue said...

I LOVE dishes too. I have way too many but that's the first place I head when I'm at the thrift store or yardsales.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Just what it needed! Love your "A"!

bj said...

Well, girl...you get an A+ for that adorable A and I am beside myself to make some of those numbered plates. Wonder where i can get those big numbers? Craft store, Walmart ???
Everything looks wonderful..
May I use your Number Plates photo to show on MY blog?

Lorilee said...

I love all the displays! I love dishes too!
Blessings,
Lorilee

white flower farmhouse said...

OMG that china closet full of ironstone just made me gasp. That is SOME collection. Love it all. I am very jealous - Lori

Connie said...

Love your collection. I, too, love to garage sale and antique shop. I have a number of collections to proof it. Today I found 2 yellow ducks which I will be posting next week.

Sandra said...

Very nice! I love the way you are displaying everything! Stunning!
Sandra

Ashley Schott said...

What a crazy cool collection!!! You have sooo many awesome plates! I love your new display:)

Staci at Craftify It ! said...

I LOVE your "Its a Wonderful Life" sign! I need that saying somewhere in my house...

Your plate rack is adorable. I want it!!!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

That's one of the cutest things I've ever seen! I love the numerical plates....tooo darn cute!

Warm blessings,
Spencer

Kim said...

WOW!! Love your displays. Dishes, cookbooks and linens are all a weakness of mine...ha!

EMBELLISH said...

Oh my, I love dishes and your collection is amazing! I am also amazed you cut out the monogramed letter so perfectly! I unfortunately, can't cut a straight line.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Munchkin Land Designs  





Search This Blog