Monday, April 26, 2010

Susan's Surprise

I recently worked with Susan rearranging and styling her home. On my second visit I asked her to bring out all of her decorations and accessories that she had stored away but that she wanted to find a place for in her home.
I love this part of my job!
To me it feels like Christmas morning with new toys for
play and imagination
.

One of the items that appeared from her box was this
decorative iron piece
.
I immediately saw it's possibilities!
I told Susan the items she needed to purchase,
then she gave me the opportunity of pulling it all together.

First I cut a piece of cardboard to size then
I adhered floral foam using hot glue.
Next I dressed the foam with plenty of moss
and slipped the entire thing into the metal piece.
Then came the real fun!
I started with the fillers,
a beautiful backstage of greenery.

Next I placed the florals,
pretty poppies in red and yellow.
I attached a metal wire to the back for easy hanging.
Now Susan has a beautiful arrangement
to hang on her door or in her home,
made from an item that she had stored away.
Do you have something hidden away
that with a little transformation would become
a beautiful accessory?

16 comments:

Rose H (UK) said...

Oh my! That is a feast for the eyes, really great.

Outofmymind said...

WOW who would have thought, oh wait, you did. Brilliant and beautiful. I have a wire basket and can't figure out what to do with it and now I do. I'm going to hang it up with flowers in it. Thanx for sharing and inspiring. Kelli

vwestermeyer said...

I am now on the lookout for a great piece to use on my front door. Your ideas are always wonderful!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That's so pretty, Joy! I have found some stuff in my basement, but I think I had already got rid of most of anything else last year, when we were getting ready to put our house on the market. Maybe the attic . . .

Unknown said...

what a wonderful idea, I wouldn't have thought of that! Thanks for sharing! :)

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Wow you are amazing. That turned out so good. Love it when something comes together like that. It turned out beautiful. I'm heading to my barn right now...I've got something up there I just know would be iron...could be decorated and hung somewhere!
blessings,
debbie

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

What a great idea! That is a really neat piece. Don't ya just love when you see something and you know immediately what to do with it? :)

Linda said...

Beautiful and just perfect for the front door! I think I need to go shop my home for some fun, new creations! I know I've got stuff put away everywhere!

Connie said...

What a neat idea! The flowers look so real. Pure Joy!!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

This is so pretty and looks so real. I hope you don't mind but I might want to borrow this idea. Just lovely!

Katie said...

Would love that on my back porch!

familywithfivekids said...

perfect!

Darlene said...

I LOVE that and it makes a BIG statement!!!!!! You are ALWAYS so creative!

Connie said...

Wonderful job on the transformation. You have a very good eye and imagination. I would love to have one of those on my door.

Rosanne said...

This is really beautiful! You are so creative! ;)

Rebecca Timson said...

wow... that is a spectacular door piece.

Ta

Beq

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Munchkin Land Designs  





Search This Blog