Tuesday, July 13, 2010

While You're Up

"While you're up..." ---a term used by a seated individual at the beginning of a sentence addressed to a standing individual, generally followed by a request or favor to do something a little more than what the standing individual had originally planned.
EXAMPLE:
"While you're up on a chair dusting shelves . . .would you straighten and rearrange a few things too?"(Disclaimer: In this example I was both the seated and standing individual.
But you get the point, right?)

8 comments:

'T' said...

what a beautiful eye you have for putting things together so artistically.

Recaptured Charm said...

Yup.. I get the point.. although I'm never actually the 'seated' individual when that sentence is uttered.
Love the shelves!!
Lisa

Debbie said...

Your blog always gives me inspiration!!!!! I have copied many of your pictures and put them in my idea file - but I'll never quite live up to your stuff. Keep up the good work!!!!!
www.debbie-idodesigns.blogspot.com

Katie Bell said...

When I was living at home I had some gullible younger siblings. I would say, "Could you stand up for just a minute, please?" You know, nice as can be, they would stand up, then I would say, "while you're up, will you....?" It was fun while it lasted.

Susan Payton said...

Just blogging around. What great shelves. Thank you for letting me visit.
Susan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
http://joininandgogreen.blogspot.com

Gayle said...

Got it! LOL

Our Paper Plates said...

Ha ha! So cute. My while you are up moments are usually to my husband and involve an ice cold glass of water! :)

Carol Bennett said...

Isn't that the way it is? At my house, one thing always leads into another!This is my first time here, love it!
Carol in GA
http://antiquesanduniques.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Munchkin Land Designs  





Search This Blog