Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Living Room Vignettes

These are the vignettes in my living room
in the middle of the summer months.
Brass birds and oil paintings collected from thrift stores.
That's a real, live orchid that I've managed to keep living
and blooming for several months now.
I just purchased this orchid hoping to be able to keep it blooming too.
I love that it has twice the blooms.
The ceramic shell came from a Goodwill in Virginia,
the lotus flower from a thrift store in my hometown.
I love the reflective and airy look of the silver and glass
on the glass end table I found on clearance last summer.
I don't love having to clean kitty prints and dust off every week.
A little summer scene using a vintage lithograph of birds

6 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very summery and light, Joy! Love your vignettes. I really like those silver birds, too. I did a bird related fluffing in my living room this weekend. It was about the only thing I had time for as far as decorating went {babysitting duties called}!

Sweet Tea said...

Beautiful and very creative - you inspire me.
Sure wish you were my neighbor cause I'd love to have you work some magic at my house!

Kim Stewart said...

I have that same bird lithograph!

Unknown said...

You have an eye for all things beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

joanne said...

very sweet, light and summery! I love orchids...congrats on keeping them alive..;j

Donna said...

Very pretty! I love your paperweights and the lithograph birds. Very summery.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Munchkin Land Designs  





Search This Blog