Monday, August 8, 2011

A Fragrant Comeback

It's been said that carnations are making a comeback and regaining popularity. It must be so because carnations were the predominant blossom in the flower section at my grocery store. And even though I wondered if people not in-the-know would scoff at my choice, I picked a bunch to bring home. Once the carnations were placed inside my car their strong, licorice-y fragrance made me feel like I had traveled back in time. Carnations remind me of high school dances. Isn't is amazing how certain odors can bring back memories. Each spring I love to plant petunias in my flower beds because their smell brings back memories of a certain amusement park I would go to as a child every year on my birthday.
Do you associate memories
with fragrant flowers?

3 comments:

Lyn said...

Peonies are my favorite - my grandma had a huge bush in her backyard.

Lorilee said...

I loved the smell of our Mimosa tree blooming. The scent sometimes blew in my open bedroom windows.
Blessings,
Lorilee

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I have always loved carnations. My grandpa would always buy all the girls in the family carnation corsages...all different colors...and they lasted forever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Munchkin Land Designs  





Search This Blog