Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bye, Bye Butterfly

I love the fall! It's when I really get the urge to make changes in my home; some big, others small. I've been sprucing up our guest bedroom lately and when I saw this gem at the thrift store, I knew that it would look great above the bed---after it got a little makeover. I loved the organic look of the blossoming branch. I did not love that little butterfly. So, with the help of my scroll saw (a task that was tricky because the plastic kept melting back together due to the heat of the blade), and with a little sanding, I said bye, bye to that butterfly!
Bright glossy white spray paint
gave it the update it needed.
And now there is no evidence of
the little butterfly that once was.
It's just the right touch for above the guest bed.I'll be revealing more changes in the guest bedroom
and give away a $100 gift card this week.

7 comments:

Teresa Tomlin said...

Nice find! Most people would walk right on by. Can't wait to see the rest of the room.

Sweet Tea said...

What would we do without Spray Paint?
Pure Magic!
Good find and it looks lovely above the bed!!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

How pretty that is. Good job!

Anne said...

Oh it looks beautiful, what a great find and a nice job you did making it lovely!

Lisalulu said...

perfect.. if only I could find something like that!~!!

Gayle said...

I can't believe that's the same item that you started out with! Sure turned out awesome!

BTW Joy - Did you see the bedroom makeover that I recently did for my daughter? It was so much fun!

Unknown said...

Fantastic blogspot, I loved your topiaries!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Munchkin Land Designs  





Search This Blog