Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pretty Penguins

Decorating in January can be tricky. It seems strange to use spring items when there's snow outside. I've decorated with snowflakes and snowmen in the past but I've been wanting a different theme. Over the past year or so I've tried to pick up items from the thrift store that would work well for January. And it seems that I have an attraction to penguins which I didn't even recognize until I pulled out my new-to-me decorations.
I'm enjoying my pretty little penguins. Do you have a decorating theme for January?

4 comments:

Jemmmma said...

Joy,
I've been meaning to send you a quick note. I have been reading your blog for years and don't believe I've ever commented. I found your blog some time ago and would be so excited to see it in my reader! I never knew the world of home design blogs. I used your home as inspiration and kept plugging away around here. I've recently started a home decor/DIY blog and still love reading your posts. Your house is beautiful! Thanks for opening my eyes to such a fun and inspiring community!

Maxwellhouseinteriors.Blogspot.Com

Our Paper Plates said...

I just usually go back to my old home decor after Christmas - but only because winter doesn't last long here in AZ. Snowflakes feel so out of place here after Christmas!! I'll be putting up Valentine's decor soon, though :) I love your mantel and penguins though. Really cute!

Lisa @ Life is Crazy Beautiful said...

I love winter so I get inspired by the neutral contrasts of the outdoors: dark brown, gray or black against whites, silver, creams. Still dragging my feet this winter, though, so I haven't finished. Thinking about adding a few pops of red...just because I can (living areas are pretty neutral, which means I can play with artwork & accessories :))

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

CA-ute!! I don't own a penguin....but that is a perfect winter decoration!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Munchkin Land Designs  





Search This Blog