Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Follow-Up

Remember the basement apartment master bedroom I had the pure pleasure of redesigning? The cute couple sent me some new photos showing their newly purchased duvet cover and the once empty frames now filled with photos. Of course, since they're real photographers their photos are much nicer than the ones I showed. So I thought I would share them with you.
This lamp was our inspiration for the room. And those vases were thrift store finds, as was most of the furniture and accessories.
IMG_2405 by smithkabobphotos.
The large furniture pieces were painted white and the thrifted chair was spray painted apple green.
IMG_2379 by smithkabobphotos.
Isn't this duvet beautiful? It's the perfect finishing touch!
IMG_2350 by smithkabobphotos.
Along with the chandelier decal. Gorgeous!
IMG_2348 by smithkabobphotos.
IMG_2388 by smithkabobphotos.
IMG_2425 by smithkabobphotos.
IMG_2380 by smithkabobphotos.
IMG_2420 by smithkabobphotos.
IMG_2384 by smithkabobphotos.
IMG_2453 by smithkabobphotos.
A few close-ups to show the distressing I did on their newly painted furniture.
IMG_2440 by smithkabobphotos.
IMG_2441 by smithkabobphotos.
IMG_2368 by smithkabobphotos.
IMG_2361 by smithkabobphotos.
IMG_2406 by smithkabobphotos.
These photos are proof that you don't have to spend a lot of money to have
the room of your dreams
.

By the way,
Kathy at
Creative Home Expressions
posted her interview of me.
Go there to read
5 things you didn't know about me.
THANKS SO MUCH KATHY!!!

26 comments:

Folkman's said...

Joy the room looks FANTASTIC! I am loving the green with the black and white! And those dressers look great with the white on them! I am sure that they jjust love their new room!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

They took such nice pictures of what you did, Joy! I love the chandelier decal ~ it fits there so well. Can I ask where you got that lamp with the black and white shade? I want to get a shade just like that for my living room refresher that I'm doing.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

It looks great - the color scheme is soorthing, but not boring! I love it!

Unknown said...

That is the most awesome room! I so agree with you that you don't have to spend a lot of money to get a dream room; but creativity and a good eye for design sure comes in handy! That's where I fail miserably. Thanks for sharing those photos, they are very inspiring!!

Nancy

Joy said...

Kathy, I'm pretty sure she bought the lamp at Target.

'T' said...

amazing. your blog brings such a fun jolt to my day! now for the time to redecorate (smile).

Darlene said...

I LOVE the room and that chandy decal over the bed is FABULOUS! LOVE the colors!! It ALL turned out great!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Thank you, Joy! : )

Sunny said...

Oh, it looks wonderful! Amazing what that chandy decal did for the bed.

the undomesticated wife said...

It looks so cozy!

Sandy said...

I have been wanting to paint my bedroom furniture white as well. The pics have inspired me to do it!!
love your blog!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! These photos belong in a magazine! The room is just too gorgeous!

Tammy @ tinselshop.com said...

Just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing all of those great ideas. The chandelier over the bed is PERFECT!

Best wishes,
Tammy

undomestic mama said...

I just bought that lamp!!!! I'm trying to find a duvet that'll tie that and my tan-ish sheets together! Thanks for the ideas :)

{krista} said...

This is absolutely stunning!

Blogs said...

Super Duper:)

Rochelle said...

LOVE IT!!
Rochelle

white flower farmhouse said...

Hi Joy, Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and offering your advice about my floor. But more importantly, thank you for introducing me to your blog -- I love it!

white flower farmhouse said...

Hi Joy, Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and offering your advice about my floor. But more importantly, thank you for introducing me to your blog -- I love it!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

GORGEOUS!!! Love the splashes of apple green! ~hugs, Rhonda

Becky said...

I'm still in awe of you. That room is dramatic, yet peaceful, artful, reminiscent, romantic and yet homey.Looks like you really inspired them to have an eye for the touches that would make it "all" them. I imagine that the rest of the house is feeling the effects.

NicNacManiac said...

This room is so fresh and serene. The finishing touches really complete the look!!

Alisa Sanger said...

Good morning! I just found your blog and love it! Can you PLEASE tell me where the duvet is from? I have been looking for something just like this one! THANKS!!!!

Alisa

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

I love that room, especially the pop of green in the chair. The problem with being a DIYer is that everytime you see a beautiful room you want to duplicate it. Please I just finished my guest room .... do not give me more images to lust after.

Unknown said...

Beautiful room! Thanks for sharing the photos.

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

How DELISH! Love, love, love this room. I am crazy about lime green and the little pops of color just jazzes everything up, doesn't it?

Have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Spencer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Munchkin Land Designs  





Search This Blog