Tuesday, October 18, 2011

In Remembrance

One of the things my Mother-in-law was know for was her love of jewelry. She was always adorned with sparkly earrings, necklaces, and bracelets. She believed it was important for a woman to look her best, and up until just days before her passing she consistently wore make-up, nice clothes, and jewelry. She taught her daughters: If you spend the time to get yourself ready in the morning then you can focus completely on other people throughout the day.
After she passed I was fortunate enough to receive a couple pair of her old clip-on earrings. I placed them on the tops of the lampshades in our living and dining rooms. They are a sweet little reminder of a life well lived in
love, service, and beauty.

8 comments:

Teresa Tomlin said...

What a wonderful way to keep her memory close. Her message is one each of us should remember as we take on the many hats that our lives require.

Our Paper Plates said...

I love that you placed her beloved jewelry out in the open for everybody to enjoy. That's so creative and a great way to remember her legacy.

Rose H (UK) said...

What a lovely way to use the earrings :o) I have quite a few pairs of my Aunts and Grans in a drawer, and thanks to you they'll have a new lease of life. Thank you :o)

'T' said...

love.

Connie said...

What a neat idea! Love it.

Mom in High Heels said...

What a lovely gesture.

jewelrybyrebecca said...

What a great idea!!! I'm going to copy that with the jewelry I got from my 2 grandmothers. What a nice way to display them!!

Dawn said...

I LOVE this idea! I have a beautiful broach that was my great grandmothers that stays mostly hidden in a drawer - I'm going right NOW to pin it to a shade!!!

Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Munchkin Land Designs  





Search This Blog