Friday, October 14, 2011

Spooky Greetings And a Gift Card Winner

I have been slow to decorate for Halloween. It seems that the old wife's tale that death comes in threes is true for our family. My sweet mother's loving husband recently passed and things have been difficult. We miss him dearly!
But I have learned that one of the best ways for me to take my mind off of my troubles is to beautify my surroundings.
I started with these terracotta pumpkins that I've had for years.
They needed a little updating and since my favorite color of late is gray that's the color they became. A spritz of black glitter gave them a little glam.I paired them up with bright green lanterns and grocery store pumpkins.Then I filled an urn with some dead branches where crows can rest.A spider is feeling at home too.The frame got a spray paint makeover to match the lanterns.And now my porch is ready for the season.I am excited to announce that "Little Old Me" was randomly selected to receive the $100 Wal*Mart gift card. Congratulations! Please email me so I can pass on your information.

6 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Congrats to the winner! I love the pop of green you've added to your front porch, Joy! I haven't gotten any real pumpkins yet this season; I think we will get some this weekend. We are going to a nicely decorated pumpkin patch, where I'm hoping to get some as well as some pictures of the baby.

joanne said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your family is going through this difficult time...glad you find a little respite from decorating. Your porch looks fantastic.

Rose H (UK) said...

So sorry to read of your berevement, sending sincere condolences.
Your porch looks wonderful :o)

sheila from life @ #17 said...

I am sorry for your family's loss...and keeping busy does help...

I just put my terracotta pumpkins out too! I seem to have started a "collection"...

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your family loss,really sad.your blog is beautiful.

Unknown said...

I love pairing grey with red and black, which would do so well with Halloween decor. Classy and scary at the same time! Enjoyed your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Munchkin Land Designs  





Search This Blog