Friday, October 7, 2011

Topped Off Topiary

While thrift store shopping I found this sad,
yet potentially awesome, topiary. It just needed to be
stripped of the things
that were weighing it down
---
old lights, faded greenery, and the too tall stem.

With the help of several bags
of dollar store moss rocks cut in half,
a bunch of glue sticks . . .

a few hot glue blisters . . .a couple of hours . . .

and a fresh dabbling of paint to the pot . . .


the topiary was re-born!

***Don't forget to

5 comments:

MiriamR said...

love that!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wow, that's bigger than I thought from the first picture, Joy! Great new look for your topiary. They are so great for incorporating some greenery into displays. I wish there was a way to avoid the blisters though!

Gayle said...

MUCH better!

Gayle said...

P.S. I just bought a new glue gun that uses hot glue, and low temp glue - it's been great not to burn my fingers anymore!

Our Paper Plates said...

I never would have thought to do that. so cute and inventive! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Munchkin Land Designs  





Search This Blog