Monday, October 10, 2011

Back In Love

I have loved my long green table for years. It was a thrift find that may have once been a school science table---the old gum stuck underneath, as well as the holes from a pencil sharpener would indicate that that was it's previous life. I painted and distressed it to match my home decor but that was a few years back and my style has evolved since then.
A couple of weeks ago I stopped to look at the mis-tints at the big orange box store. I fell in love with a quart of muddy gray paint that someone else did not care for. A few coats of paint and it looked like new.
Wanting to keep the story of the science table in tact I gave it a glaze, darkening it over the dings and scratches, to bring out the previous chapters of it's life.Then to give it a little more interest and height I added some casters.
I am back in love with my table!
***Enter for a $100 Wal*mart gift card HERE***

5 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It fits so well behind your sofa, too, Joy! I love seeing transformations like this; taking something you've already got and just updating it. It looks great in its new color.

Unknown said...

No wonder! It is a great shape and loving the new colour and the castors.

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

Miss. Joy I need a favor!!

My sitter is getting married!!

I need some ideas on center pieces!

Will you please join in on my little bloggie fun??

You are a doll!!



Happy Fall!

Happy Chippy Junk

Heather


http://happychippyjunk.blogspot.com/2011/10/loveits-exciting-and-newwwww.html

Sweet Tea said...

Love seeing old pieces of furniture revived to live another day. Beautiful job!

jeremy said...

Creative ideas! Love the simplicity concept.

autoglass

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Munchkin Land Designs  





Search This Blog