from red to brown it caused
a do-over domino effect
on several other items in the room.All of the lamp bases in this room were black
but now they lacked pizazz against the brown.
I replaced a few lamps using ones I had
in other areas of our home. And then I gave the two large lamps behind the sofa
a pretty little make-over.
then rubbed on a glaze to bring out the details.Then I changed out the shades with ones
I found at the thrift store.
The drum shades originally had a pom-pom accessory
from it's previous owner. I pulled off the trim,
unfortunately some of the hot glue remained. After a quick Google search I discovered that
rubbing alcohol helps remove old hot glue. And it really does work magic! (There was only a very slight remnant of glue left in spots
where the glue was really hot when applied)